Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Finally Family Photos!

The last time we had family photos done, our almost-four-year-old was four months old. I felt really bad about that, but not badly enough to do something about it. I mean, I hate pictures of myself, and I snap photos of Bella on my phone all the time. Do I really need to pay someone to take our pictures regularly?

Apparently, yeah. I do. Know why? Because professional photos make grandmothers happy. And because they're a heck of a lot better than phone camera selfies.

Part of my hesitation was uncertainty about choosing a photographer. The lady who did our last group photo session, and who also photographed Bella by herself at around ten months, has since moved out of the area. The local "go to" photographer has gotten out of the business. So I took a recommendation from a friend. And by that I mean, I got a girl's number and waited another six months before I did anything about it. 

The results? Not too shabby, if I may say so myself. Take a look!







I thought really hard about what we were going to wear, eventually deciding to put Adam in blue, myself in a little bit of pink (because wearing a lot of pink is something I have to remind myself I can't do now that I'm not a blond anymore), and Bella in pink and blue. However, somehow in my frantic rush to get us out the door (we were late anyway), I missed the total clash between Bella's plaid and my polka dots. Oh, well. Can't win them all.

We are so pleased, and we are planning to have the photographer come over this spring to do an outdoor photo shoot of the besties and the babies playing and having a cookout. Who knows? Maybe I will start remembering to have our photos done more often! 



1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! I'm so glad you got them done. It is one of my NY Resolutions to get family pictures taken. So glad that they turned out so awesome!

    ReplyDelete