Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Walk in the Park

No, literally. Spending time with Bella this evening really was a walk in the park. No idiom intended.

Truthfully, I wasn't crazy about the notion at first. We have been really rushed and busy around here for the last week or so, and Bella has been up way past her bedtime (and missing her bath) the last TWO nights in a row...I know, I'm terrible. So I really just wanted to relax, pick up around the house a little, and (because of something I wrote with my creative writing students today in class) watch the old BBC version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with B.

However, when we finally got home this evening, it was just toooooooo gorgeous outside to hole up doing chores and watching television. Plus, I really wanted to hang out with Estefania. So I kicked it into overdrive and buzzed around the house: starting a load of laundry, making beds and turning off lights I missed this morning before work, picking up toys, putting away clothes, and laying out pajamas for bath time (no excuses tonight) and clothes for tomorrow. Twenty minutes later...

Park, here we come!

How beautiful is that sky? 
And of course, that girl! ;-)

These ducks (I think?) were really weird! 
Their faces looked sort of like roosters....

She stood on several tree stumps,
saying "Treeeeeee stuuuuuump" instead of "Cheese!"



Another plus, I'd already met my step goal when I left work, so this fun and invigorating walk pushed me to a total of 15,498 steps as of right now. I'm kicking Adam's butt!

Sometimes life really is as simple as a walk in the park. 



No comments:

Post a Comment