Tuesday, July 15, 2014

June Goodbye, Hello July!

**Though published in July, this post was started in June amidst internet issues. When I logged in tonight to write a post, I found it hanging out in the drafts. Enjoy!

I'm tempted to ask, "Has there ever really been a bad June?" I mean, it's the harbinger of summer dreams and perfect time for sipping tea. But I do know that I have had a couple of pretty yucky Junes in my life. With that in mind, I look back on the last month with a tremendous sense of accomplishment and peace. It was a pretty exceptional 30 days.

It all started with Adam's birthday, which we celebrated by having dinner with friends and buying a new car. Yep. I got a car for Adam's birthday. Ha ha. It wasn't quite under the circumstances we originally planned, since we wanted to wait until next year, but ye olde Grand Prix decided it didn't like us anymore and we drove away with this gem.

Notice how I don't have any photos of his birthday dinner, but I have one of our car. 
In my defense, he took this and sent it to me. I promise. 

Now, as I've mentioned before, it has been a busy summer with my coursework, too. Still, we have manage to put 2000 miles on this bad boy since June 2nd. Remember, I'm not working. That's pretty impressive. So, in the midst of studying in about a gazillion random places, like friends' couches  and coffee shops...




we have also had adventures! 


the aquarium 


the Lexington Legends


the nature preserve 


storytime at the library


swimming 


playing at the park with Aunt Shelley


and finishing up the fish pond

With all that excitement, I say bring on July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment